Director of Origination
Ultra Capital is looking for an individual with experience in physical infrastructure project development and/or financing. Based in San Francisco, this individual will work directly for the Managing Director of Origination. Ideal candidates are passionate about building infrastructure projects, continuously seeking improvements in process and efficiency, and committed to intellectual honesty. The Director will travel as-needed for conferences, project site visits, developer meetings, and internal meetings; this travel is expected to be approximately 15% of time but may approach 40% at times and be primarily domestic.
• Identify and source greenfield and operating infrastructure project opportunities across the agriculture, waste, water and energy sectors that will ultimately be acquired by Ultra Capital
• Build and maintain an ecosystem or network of project developers and owners, technology companies, and service providers to source infrastructure project opportunities that fit Ultra Capital’s investment criteria
• Maintain market intelligence in defined areas within energy, waste, water, and agriculture sectors
• Develop strategic plan for target investment areas within energy, waste, water, and agriculture sectors
• Serve as primarily liaison between project developers or owners and Ultra Capital with respect to specific transactions
• Conduct initial due diligence to confirm the opportunity is sufficiently developed and ready for consideration and processing by Ultra Capital
• Coordinate the internal deal team, comprised of junior and senior colleagues from the execution team, to diligence and transact the deal
• Run external diligence team (such as Independent Engineers, market experts, and attorneys); identify specialty service providers, define scope, oversee work, and incorporate results into deal structure/risk assessment
• Serve as point of contact for external legal team developing definitive documents for asset acquisition
• Work with Ultra’s technology team to design and implement systems and processes to drive efficiencies in origination and diligence
• Manage associate-level direct reports and provide direction and support to associate-level colleagues and interns on the Origination team
• Ten years or more of work experience in infrastructure project development, an operating company in one or more of the sectors in which Ultra invests, or infrastructure project finance
• A proven track record of ambition, tenacity, and success
• Experience in leading contract negotiations
• Management and/or project management experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to understand and synthesize technical and quantitative information
• Ability to recognize patterns and trends in market dynamics and form opinions about future outcomes
• A team player who has the ability to partner effectively with colleagues
• Ability to work independently
• Vigilance to identify and investigate the complex details intrinsic to these types of transactions
• Dedication to a results-oriented culture of personal accountability, appreciation for diversity in all its forms, collaboration, stewardship, and integrity.
Please note that we are only able to respond to qualified applicants.
Ultra Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. Applicants must possess the right to work in the United States.